Below is a list of worksheets that are VERY IMPORTANT to the process of completing your tax return.  Each one is listed in two formats - PDF and JPG.  Use whichever format is easier for you.  Read the description of each worksheet first.  If it applies to you, print it out, fill it out, and then send it to me (via fax, mail, or e-mail) - along with your tax documents (W-2's, 1098's, 1099's, etc).

The PDF's are fill-in forms.  Download them to your computer - (right click on the PDF link,and then "save link as").  Open the form, type your data directly on the form, save it, and e-mail the form(s) back to me.  NO PRINTING NECESSARY!  You must download the forms on your computer to use the fill-in PDF method.  If you open the forms directly in your web browser they will not support direct data entry.

Do NOT send me receipts or statements for anything - EVER.  No charity receipts, no child care statements - just my worksheets and your tax forms.  Between those and the interview process, I will have all of the information I need.  I do not need a dozen extra pieces of paper that duplicate numbers I already have.  Let's kill as few trees as possible.

My job as a tax preparer is to prepare a complete and accurate return based on information you furnish me.  I am not here to audit you.  If I see something unusual on your return that I think might lead to an audit, I will discuss it with you before we finalize your tax return.

So here they are.   Please read the instructions and fill out these forms as completely as possible.  Use whole dollar amounts rounded to the nearest $5 (for example - $65, not $63.47).  Do not end too many in "00" (for example - $1200) - it will look estimated and fake.  Always use annual amounts.  And the answer is always a number, never the phrase "the same as last year".  Using identical numbers year-to-year is another audit risk.  Don't do it.

New Client Worksheet - If I did not prepare your return last year, complete one of these.
PDF (1 Page)          JPG Page 1   

Annual Client Worksheet
- Everyone needs to do this one.  Every year.  Everyone.
PDF (2 Pages)          JPG Page 1   JPG Page 2

Self-Employment Income - If you received a form 1099-M with income in box 7, or owned and operated your own business, the IRS considers you to be self-employed.  Use this form to list your income and expenses.
PDF (3 Pages)          JPG Page 1   JPG Page 2   JPG Page 3

Home Office - Use this form if you were self-employed (as described above) and used part of your home for business.  Also use this form if you were a W-2 employee and were required as a condition of your employment to set aside space in your home for work-related purposes.
PDF (1 Page)          JPG Page 1

Rental Property Income - If you owned rental property, complete one form for each rental property you owned.  Multiple-Unit properties (for example, a triplex) count as one rental property.  if you have a property manager, do not give me their statement.  I don't want the information in their format.  i want it in mine.
PDF (2 Pages)
        JPG Page 1   JPG Page 2

Employee Work-Related Expenses - If you have SIGNIFICANT work-related expenses - in the form of dues, licenses, professional education, safety and protective gear, supplies, travel, etc...use this form to list them.  You must do the "long form" (Schedule "A") AND they must exceed 2% of your income to have any possible benefit.
PDF (2 Pages)        JPG Page 1   JPG Page 2

Vehicle Expenses - This worksheet is already included in the Self-Employment Income and Work-Related Expenses listed above.  Use this stand-alone form if (a) you were a W-2 employee and used your vehicle for travel to TEMPORARY work locations (job assigments lasting 1 year or less) or (b) work-related driving AFTER you you had reported to your primary place of employment.  Commuting (traveling back and forth to your regular job) is NEVER a tax deduction.
PDF (1 Page)          JPG Page 1